Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Arch Pain While Skating

Swaziland: "It is important to young people to encourage"

Msibi Mcebo, a Red Cross volunteer in Swaziland, told Katharina Schindler of SRK, as he became the AIDS educator.



"My name is Msibi Mcebo, I am 24 years old and live in Swaziland. I am the youngest of six siblings. When I was five years old, my father died. He was a miner in South Africa and had been there probably fear plotted with AIDS. Here in southern Africa this disease is unfortunately widespread.

little later my mother was sick. She could at times hardly take care of us. When I was the age of 12, I gave up school to care for them. A year later, in October 2000 she died. I was devastated. She was my everything.

a time I lived with my Grandmother and my uncle. But he was aggressive and hit me. Also I could not go to school To go because no one paid the fees. I ran away and went from farm to farm looking for work in the field and a bed to sleep. Sometimes I found something for a while, then again not. This went on for several years.

by a family when I finally found shelter, I learned that the Red Cross supports AIDS orphans. I went to the hospital and told my story. Then everything happened very quickly. Two days later I learned that the Red Cross to pay my school fees and uniforms would be. I was overjoyed. While I was in secondary school I also received food parcels, so I had enough to eat and no one fell to the load. I was so grateful and I brought me into the school very much. I could even skip a class.

Today I study economy, next year I will get my bachelor's degree. In my free time I am involved as a volunteer for the Red Cross. I enlighten youth about the dangers of AIDS, and on ways to protect themselves and to seek help. It is important to encourage the young people, many have experienced the worst. My motto aloud: Every day before the sun goes down, you shall not do any good "

>> The SRC in Swaziland

0 comments:

Post a Comment